10 Reasons Why Art Education is So Important
Categories: Art Education, Elysian Studios, family
1. Making Art involves critical thinking and problem solving.
2. Art empowers students to take risks and do something different.
3. In an age of instant gratification, Art teaches commitment to learn a skill and complete a project.
4. The Arts are an extension of other curricula. Math, Science and Language are all needed to create.
5. Art equips students with a diverse set of skills needed to enter institutions of higher learning and the workplace.
6. Participation in the Arts builds relationships between students and teachers and among peers.
7. Involvement in the Arts improves self-esteem and builds confidence.
8. Art teaches students to be more tolerant and open through multicultural and historical perspectives.
9. Art develops a students ability to critique their own work and that of others and knowledge of how to make multiple revisions to create high quality work.
10. Art helps a child develop emotionally and socially, contributes to a positive work ethic and pride in a job well done.